CPS/SOPS Health System Pharmacy Residency
CPS/SOPS Health System (MA)
PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency
Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) and the State Office of Pharmacy Services (SOPS, Commonwealth of MA) jointly sponsor a PGY1 residency with an emphasis on long-term care.
Residents will gain experience providing a wide range of
- Medication management services
to patients, providers, and staff in various medical institutions within the Commonwealth.
Learning experiences will be conducted in an array of rotations and longitudinal activities with a maximum degree of flexibility and customization to the resident's needs and interests. The resident is expected to conduct his/her practice in an independent and responsible manner.
About the Program
The CPS/SOPS residency is a structured, post-graduate experiential training program that strives to develop proficient and professionally committed practitioners. It is focused on
- Improving the resident's abilities beyond entry level competence in clinical and operational pharmacy services
- Developing leadership skills that can be applied in any practice setting.
In this program, the resident will actively participate in efforts to improve the scope and quality of pharmacy services, and will evaluate the relevant outcomes of such initiatives. As a clinician, the resident will demonstrate proficiency and responsibility in caring for patients with a wide variety of disease states in different health care settings.
As befits the teaching missions of the sponsoring organizations, the resident will become skilled as an educator of health professionals, students, and the public. Throughout all experiences, the resident will acquire the skills necessary for lifelong learning and self-assessment.
- Full-time, post-graduate training program
- 1 year, beginning July 1st of each calendar year
- State Office of Pharmacy Services
- Residents receive 401K, Stipend, Insurance and other benefits
- Application deadline: January 15, 2014 (for July 2014 to June 2015 training year)
- Beginning in 2012, the program participates in the ASHP-sponsored PHORCAS central application system. Please visit the ASHP residency information site at www.ashp.org.
- See a sample schedule
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Joseph M. Calomo, Pharm.D., M.B.A.
Comprehensive Pharmacy Services/SOPS Building
365 East St.
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Tel: (978) 858-2119
Fax: (978) 585-2120
CPS/SOPS Health System (MA)
This PGY-1 pharmacy residency is sponsored by Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) and is conducted at various inpatient state hospitals throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The residency will be customized to the residents' needs and interests and allows for flexibility. Required learning experiences include
- Drug information
- Internal medicine
- Infectious disease, regulatory, and administration.
Drug information and drug policy development, teaching, administrative, staffing, and practice management experiences take place throughout the entire year. Electives include corporate clinical services, geriatrics, and emphasis on mental health.